Swim. Bike. Run
Sacramento triathlon club
From October 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 all NEW and RENEWING members of STC will receive a FREE special edition t-shirt. Just let us know your size preference during the registration process.
“Some People Dream Of Success While Others Wake Up and Work Hard At It”
– Napoleon Hill
Year-end Party on December 10, 2022
Congratulations to all who participated and volunteered in Sacramento’s first Ironman California Race! The 2023 edition will be held on October 22nd.
Place a hold on your calendar for STC’s year-end party on Saturday, December 10, 2022. Meet the new board, share your 2022 adventures and help us plan for the 2023 season. Details will be posted to the STC Meetup site.
Challenge your inner athlete
Are you ready to take the next step to improve your fitness and focus on your general health and well-being? The Sacramento Triathlon Club (STC) offer a variety of group training sessions, led by seasoned veteran Triathletes, to challenge yourself while being supported by the STC community. There is a workout level for everyone!
Do you swim? Do you bike? Do you run? Well, why not do all three? Here are the top 10 reasons why you should give triathlon a whirl. Warning: this sport is highly addicting.
1. TRAINING FOR ONE SPORT GETS BORING – Being a single-sport specialist has its perks, but training for one sport can be a real drag. The predictability of routine gets monotonous quickly, but with triathlon, you have a wider variety of training options, whether it’s expanding your strength training or “bricking” workouts together by following a bike ride after a swim. With more skills to train in a weekly schedule, you have more to look forward to.
2. CROSS-TRAINING STRENGTHENS YOUR PRIMARY SPORT – It doesn’t matter if you’re an avid biker, die-hard runner or seasoned swimmer, training in the two other sports you don’t principally compete in will make you a better athlete in your sport of choice. For example, swimming is in incredible endurance builder. It taxes your breathing and builds your diaphragm strength for when you need to exhaust your lung capacity biking up a steep incline or speeding up on the final kick of your 5k. Training to control your cadence on the bike is helpful for tempo runs and rhythmic breathing in the water. And when you’re logging all of those hill repeats, the power you’re building in your quadriceps and glutes will make you a force to be reckoned with on any hill in a bike race, and give you the power burst you need to get around slower swimmers in the water.
3. AMAZING VENUES – Triathlon races can take you to some of the most beautiful and interesting places around the globe. From races along white sand beaches to courses that take you through the heart of some the world’s most stunning cityscapes, there’s no better excuse to cash in a few vacation days than to travel to a fun race destination.
4. TRIATHLON SINGLETS ARE LIKE SUPERHERO COSTUMES – With their bright colors, fun patterns and compression in all of the right places, you will feel like you can take on the world in that thing. Boom!
5. THE GEAR IS SUPER COOL – If you’re a gear-head, then triathlon is the sport for you. From those sleek tri singlets mentioned above, to aero helmets, to moisture wicking socks, there’s no end to the gear one can purchase for a tri. And that’s not even counting the big stuff like wetsuits, bikes and other training equipment you can outfit your home gym with to help you prepare for your new favorite sport.
6. YOU’RE AUTOMATICALLY A PART OF THE COOLEST CLUB EVER – There’s nothing like the camaraderie, friendship and encouragement you find within the triathlon community. From training partners to keep you going to high-fives and cheering at events, there’s no sport friendlier or more fun than multisport.
7. YOU CAN EAT SNACKS WHILE YOU RACE – Say goodbye to that warm gel packet you’ve had stashed inside your sports bra for the first 12 miles of your marathon. With triathlon, there are several more opportunities to refuel during a race, whether you’re shoving a homemade protein bite into your mouth during a transition or munching down a granola bar on the bike.
8. BECAUSE YOU LOVE A CHALLENGE – You compete because you love not only crushing the competition, but also smashing your goal times and setting new PRs. Triathlon is the same, only you dial up the intensity and break the knob off. Give it all you’ve got in not one, not two, but three sports back-to-back. The sense of accomplishment is unparalleled.
9. RACE WITHIN THE RACE – If the challenge of completing the race wasn’t enough, there’s a solution for that: the transitions. The precious seconds you spend moving from swim to bike and bike to run count toward your overall time, so practicing those movements can be just as important as the real race. Bonus points: you’ll entertain your neighbors when you practice ripping of your swim cap and goggles while running around your yard.
10. BRAGGING RIGHTS – Completing a triathlon is no small feat. Just think of the jaw-dropping response you’ll receive from your friends, family members and coworkers when you tell them you ran yet another amazing 10k … after you biked 25 miles … after you swam a mile. Finishing a triathlon automatically makes you a badass.
WHAT YOU GET!
The Sacramento Triathlon Club is a great place to meet other triathletes, find training partners, challenge yourself personally and celebrate your accomplishments in a supportive and social environment.
TRAINING SUPPORT – The Sacramento Triathlon Club provides training plans, group training activities, camps and access to coaching and training for our members. Training camps provide the perfect atmosphere to take your fitness to a new level in preparation for your big race. By submerging yourself in the sport for a few days and training with others, you will leave the camp a new athlete, regardless what your level of experience was going in.
CLINICS AND SEMINARS – The Sacramento Triathlon Club provides access to seminars such as race fueling, pacing and training. The best part about seminars is that you will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn more than if you were simply reading a magazine. Clinics are great as well. Open water swim clinics, tire changing clinics and transition clinics are just a few ways STC can give you a chance to learn, practice and feel more comfortable before race day.
MEET COOL PEOPLE – It’s not all about training with the Sacramento Triathlon Club. Social events are key to celebrating your accomplishments and to replenish some of those calories you burned. STC is the perfect way to meet like-minded friends and find new training partners. You will be amazed by how much you will learn from others and how you will benefit by being associated with something bigger than yourself.
PRODUCTS & RACE DISCOUNTS – Joining Sacramento Triathlon Club entitles you to various sponsor and race entry discounts. Receive great discounts from our great sponsors!
EXTRA MOTIVATION – As well as all of this, being part of the Sacramento Triathlon Club is a really great way to motivate yourself to get out and train. Having other people push you can really help you get fitter and improve on your performances. It’s a great way of keeping yourself going, knowing others are there right by your side and is as much pain as you are. Plus, there’s nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition during training, right?